Why can’t I change my homepage?
Question by Heather B: Why can’t I change my homepage?
My computer is behaving really weird. Something happened and now my homepage is “locked” on some anti-spyware download website. And I’m getting all these warnings that I have spyware, but I have protection — please help!
Answer by classic
Your PC is infected with a browser hijacker. Use these scans to remove it.
All of these are ones that I personally use and all are free.After you install any of them,make sure you update them to get the full affect.
AVG anti virus/anti spyware remover.
AVG Removes I-Worm/Stration · BackDoor.Generic3.GBB and .GBC · Worm/Generic.FX · Exploit.WMF
Spybot – Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven’t intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been “hijacked” (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don’t see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free.
SUPERAntiSpyware is the most thorough scanner on the market. Our Multi-Dimensional Scanning and Process Interrogation Technology will detect spyware that other products miss! SUPERAntiSpyware will remove ALL the Spyware, NOT just the easy ones!
Easily remove over 100,000 pests such as SmitFraud, Vundo, WinFixer, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, WinAntiVirus, AntiVermins and thousands more!
This term “Browser hijacker” covers a range of malicious software. The most generally accepted description for browser hijacking software is external code that changes your Internet Explorer settings. Generally your home page will be changed and new favourites will be added that point to sites of dubious content. In most cases, the hijacker will have made registry changes to your system, causing the home page to revert back to the unwanted destination even if you change it manually.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Best Spyware Remover – How to Choose the Best Spyware Remover For …
- Landing Page Optimization: Clean air or a free backpack? (Which is …
- Computer Rental Company – Exclusive Drops
- How to Begin a Computer Programmer Career Without a College Degree …
- Online Computer Shopping – the Rewarding Experience as a Virtual …
- How Adware And Spyware Can Harm Your Computer – Exclusive Drops
- Rand Paul Takes Page From Sharron Angle's Playbook, Runs From …
- What is the avg cost of attorney malpractice insurance in …
- ISO50 – The Blog of Scott Hansen » Atari Computer Concepts
- SELinux: NSA's Open Source Security Enhanced Linux | Computer …
- Home Depot Tops EPS Estimates by a Penny, Revenue Outlook Trimmed …
- AVG Internet Security One Year License GiveAway – promotions …
- How to Remove Antivirone.com Hijacker? | Free Virus Removal Guide
- How to Remove Antivirstrong.com Hijacker? | Free Virus Removal Guide
- BlackBerry 6 / Torch: Clear Browser History and Cache | Blackberry …
- Science-Based Medicine » Testosterone: Not an Anti-Aging Panacea
- Instant Jam: browser-based plastic guitar fun : PC Gamer
- Remove antivirone.com browser hijacker | My Anti Spyware
- Save Money On Your Next Computer: Five Rules to Shop By | Money …
- Home Sweet Serpentine | QUEST Community Science Blog – KQED
Filed under: Download Lock
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!